Tuesday 28 November 2017

What are the best Android phones out there currently that have an SD Card slot?| for sock rom go to rompure.com

What are the best Android phones out there currently that have an SD Card slot?


What are the best Android phones out there currently that have an SD Card slot?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 11:06 AM PST

So I ordered a oneplus 3t because it seems like amazing value for money, then realised it had no SD card slot and promptly cancelled my order.

This really is a deal breaker for me as it's pretty important for how I use my phones. I'm looking to spend between £200-£400 and after anything that's no more than a year old. Current version of android is a must. At least 3gb of ram and a quad core processor is also a must - octa-core processors simply won;t cut it for what I use my phones for. Anyone got any suggestions of what I should be looking at? I'm finding it really difficult to find current phones that meet my required specifications - I'm quite happy with older phones, but the ones I usually use will be 3 years old next year and are unlikely to receive future software updates.

I have posted this on r/pickanandroidforme , but it seems like a grand total of about 5 people use that sub so I'm unlikely to get a response from there.

submitted by /u/Good_Names_Are_Gone_
[link] [comments]

Switching to Pixel after using iPhone since first gen. Quick question about iMessages.

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 08:27 AM PST

Does anyone know if I will still be able to use the Messages app on my Mac (or iMessages on iPad) after I switch to my new Pixel? I'm not sure if Messages is tied to an iPhone specifically or not. I will still have an active AppleID. Any advice is much appreciated.

submitted by /u/BlackTieButtPlug
[link] [comments]

Problem with Nexus 5X

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 02:45 PM PST

My phone can't find any music or photo or video in storage not with Google Music or Black player or VLC (with specific location) or with pulsar player or with phonograph player or with Google photos...

What can I do?

I definitely check with file manager and all my photos and music and video is in and of course all permissions are enabled...

submitted by /u/sjjj15
[link] [comments]

Oneplus 3 Android pay not working please present only one card error

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 09:24 AM PST

As title says when I use Android pay it keeps giving me the error please present only one card. Now I have taken the phone out the case and tried using just the phone multiple times so I can confirm not only is there no other card present but also nothing blocking the signal or that should interfere. When I got android pay it worked perfectly without fail but now it works about 10% of the time while most of the time giving me the please present one card error. Sometimes I can try for five minutes without it working then all of a sudden it works. I can see no obvious pattern regarding when it works or doesn't work. It's very frustrating as it's very convenient to not have to worry about carrying my bank card or topping up my oyster to take the tube.

The phone is a newish oneplus 3 probably about 3 months old and it has not taken any bumps or impacts as far as I'm aware which would be likely to damage it.

Any help greatly appreciated

submitted by /u/kickyouinthebread
[link] [comments]

Slow SD speed

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 10:26 AM PST

I bought a new SD Card (Samsung EVO+ 64 GB UHS Grade 1) which should have ~80MB/s reading and ~20MB/s writing speed. If I use it on my Phone (Moto G4 Plus) I only get speeds around 40MB/s reading and >10MB/s writing. On my Tablet I'm around the promised speeds of 80 / 20 MB/s with the same card. I contacted the support where they told me I should perform a factory reset and if the problem persists I should send it for repair. I did the reset. Nothing Changed. Should I just RMA it, or is there anything I can do ?

submitted by /u/dasSackgesicht
[link] [comments]

LeeDroid V2 MM VoLTE Calling, HTC10

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 03:48 PM PST

The XDA thread here is for V3 but that is for Nougat, as I want to still use Xposed I want the V2 version of LeeDroid for MarshMellow (however the threads are just one so there is no MM thread).

It mentions that VoLTE is broken in "ALL" roms. But is this for just Nugat based roms (v3 of LeeDroid) or for both Nugat and MarshMellow?

submitted by /u/badapple89
[link] [comments]

Help with some microphone problems please?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 03:47 PM PST

So I'm using a Moto Z Droid and it appears that whenever I plug headphones in, the microphone stops working. It's pretty annoying, and talking on Skype gets pretty awkward. If anyone knows a solution, I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thank you!!

submitted by /u/Smearmytables
[link] [comments]

Lost my Bitcoin with factory reset, trying to recover.

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 03:44 PM PST

I did a factory reset about 3 weeks ago and didn't backup my bitcoin. I know, I'm an idiot. I tried to get it back via Recuva but I'm at a loss because I can't enable the USB mass storage in my first gen Moto G. I tried to enable it in developer mode but it's still not working. Does anyone know if there's a different program I can use to search for the files in MTP mode? Or any other suggestions?

submitted by /u/ohwellidk
[link] [comments]

How's my screen on time and what's actually counted good screen on time?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 03:42 PM PST

I have a Redmi 2 which packs a 2200Mah battery. Just note that this is a budget phone and it costs MYR399 and converted it translates to about USD90. I get about 5 Hours and 33 Minutes with wifi on for 9Hours and 57 Minutes. I played some games, whatsapp, sms , browsing , social media and so on. I also used data occasionally. Is this good?

submitted by /u/SudoPi
[link] [comments]

Group texting isn't working on my S7 with iPhone users

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 03:42 PM PST

I can send texts to and receive texts from iPhone users but i can only send group texts to iPhone users. I can't see anything that is sent to me in group texts. Help.

submitted by /u/GamerOTYear
[link] [comments]

Weird charger issue

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 03:25 PM PST

I have a Nexus 6P and an Asus Zenpad s 8.0.

For some reason, the Zenpad will not charge from the 6P charger. Doesn't even recognize it's plugged in. Works with every other USB-C charger I have just fine. Also works fine being charged from the USB port on a computer (albeit slowly), or the usb ports on some of the outlets in my apartment.

I am assuming some proprietary quick-charge tech built into the 6P charger is confusing the Zenpad, but I would think that would mean it still charged at some slower rate.

submitted by /u/TaylorHu
[link] [comments]

Nougat and disabling Smart network switching?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 03:20 PM PST

My lovely wife got me a cool drone that records video and beams it to your phone using Wifi!

However, I cannot get my phone (N5X with 7.1.1) to connect to it without the OS instantly disconnecting because the drone does not have internet. Where did the 'Smart Network Switching' setting go? I need to turn it off to get my drone working!

Am I to believe this toggle has been removed and forced ON, making it impossible to connect to any device without internet??

submitted by /u/fELLAbUSTA
[link] [comments]

Phone app that works with TeslaUnread?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 02:56 PM PST

The default Google one doesn't seem to. Are there any that are native or at least show badges?

submitted by /u/Echo1215
[link] [comments]

Pixel battery losing 40% instantly.

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 04:57 AM PST

I've had this phone for a few weeks, sometimes it will turn off at around 40% charge and report 0%. Also, "Android OS" uses up to 45% of the battery. I'm often only getting 2.5 hours of screen time. http://imgur.com/a/nXlqM Specifically look at the graph in the second image.

submitted by /u/Percutaneous
[link] [comments]

Universal Audio Compression for poorly recorded youtube videos and podcasts

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 02:30 PM PST

We all have had to deal with youtube videos or podcasts where you can barely hear one person speak and can hear the other person fine, or where the people are speaking normally but there are parts with deafening loud music.

I know that there are apps that let you compress audio files (make quiet parts louder while making louder parts quieter), but im wondering if there's an app that does this in real time for all sounds coming out of the phone.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/youriqis20pointslow
[link] [comments]

Request - Ringtone Pack from Marshall London ?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 02:23 PM PST

Can anyone help me get the sms and ringtone pack from Marshall london Phone?

submitted by /u/bluntdude24_psn
[link] [comments]

Samsung Themes?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 02:05 PM PST

I've been playing around with themes on my rooted Samsung device and have discovered that I can change the appearance of the notification pull down bar. However the themes commonly change the appearances of default apps like messages and the gallery, this isn't what I want. How do I edit the theme so it only changes the notification bar and not default apps?

submitted by /u/StickyMemes420
[link] [comments]

Preserving Link2SD apps on SD card with new ROM?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 01:52 PM PST

I have an HTC Desire 816 running 6.0.1 Cyanogenmod13 on Virgin Mobile USA, and I have as many apps as possible linked to my 64GB SD card to save space on the internal storage. I have the paid version of Link2SD, as well as paid version of Titanium Backup, if that's relevant. Right now I'm running a full backup of all user apps and system data. I want to try a new ROM, namely Paranoid Android, (XDA link here ) but I am worried about what's going to happen when I wipe the internal, dalvik cache, etc. I have a feeling it's going to break the SD partition and I'll have to redo everything, or worse, I don't want it to hurt the SD card or cause a brick. I don't mind having to re-do all the SD card partitioning and whatnot but if it's going to break stuff really badly I'd rather not do it. Is there a way to perhaps undo the entire Link2SD process before flashing a new ROM and then redoing the process on the new ROM? Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/annahasnolife
[link] [comments]

How to find hidden software on my phone?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 01:50 PM PST

I received a hand-me-down Samsung Galaxy S7 for Christmas this year from my brother. I'm not particularly technologically savvy when it comes to my phone, so I'm not sure how possible this is, but the only explanation for what has been happening seems to be that my brother has had access to my text messages. My guess is that the phone was given to me with some sort of hidden software to remotely access my text messages. Whatever he did must have survived the factory reset that I initially did on the phone (I was told by a friend that this sort of thing is possible?). Since I have received the phone, I am almost 100% sure that he has not had physical access to the device and this is why I suspect that he is using some sort of remote software to monitor my text messages. So what could he have done to be able to monitor my texts and how can I detect it? I would prefer to figure out what he did, but if that's not possible I would like to just know how to get rid of it.

submitted by /u/anonposty
[link] [comments]

IMEI problem

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 01:45 PM PST

Hello everyone. I have Samsung Galaxy Alpha G850Y. I lost my IMEI, and I went to the service they got me IMEI from Galaxy Alpha G850F from other phone not my original IMEI. Now my phone got no IMEI don't know how, i didn't do anything. Any solution guys? Can I fix it manually? The service charges me 10 euro. I just dont want to spend fixing it for breaking that much.

submitted by /u/Bosh_Gaming
[link] [comments]

Phone wont charge anymore what to do?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 09:56 AM PST

Phone had 3% battery left and decided to turn off. Now it wont charge anymore. I tried testing the cable and it was not the cable's fault. I tried plugging it into my PC with the USB and It makes the blink sound but windows tells me the device is not recognized.

submitted by /u/sugarfreesugarar
[link] [comments]

Galaxy S7 aux works with headphones but not speakers. Also a weird repeating popping noise.

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 01:41 PM PST

Hey all

The aux works with headphones, but they sound, I don't know, maybe a bit more far-out? Like the audio is further away. Not quieter. Not sure how this issue started. Then, it doesn't work at all with speakers (aren't headphones and speakers the same thing though?) When I plug the phone in, I get a weird popping noise coming from the speakers. It sounds like a horse's gallop, and it keeps repeating, maybe 3x a second. Dt dt dt dt dt dt, just like that. When you play music from the phone in this state, it comes out of the phones speaker and the popping noise continues. Any ideas?

I tried all different speakers, aux cords, music sources, headphones, I just don't know. 32GB Samsung Galaxy S7 (not the edge) on Telus (canadian carrier)

submitted by /u/EPIDKRAWER
[link] [comments]

Why won't my Galaxy S7 keep my 360 photos?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 09:54 AM PST

Any time I try to take a 360 photo to use in my Gear VR, the photo disappears. I do the whole circling around in the room taking photos from every angle until it starts processing, then it disappears as if I never took any photos.

submitted by /u/twinsfan94
[link] [comments]

How to change Custom Recoverys

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 01:38 PM PST

I currently have a TWRP custom recovery and want to try out ClockworkMods recovery. Do I just have to flash the new recovery? How would I do this?

submitted by /u/thews86
[link] [comments]

How do I check my Data Usage for a specific day?

Posted: 28 Dec 2016 01:37 PM PST

I want to look at my usage for an app on a specific day to figure out when I did some freelancing work. To that end are there any data monitoring apps that will take my existing data information? Is there anyway to decrypt DataUsageActivity.trace? Failing that is there any way to change my 'billing interval' to make my phone just show me daily data?

Nexus 6 and Android 6.0.1

submitted by /u/worm4real
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment