Sunday 26 November 2017

My S7 won't let me use flashlight, keeps saying it's being used by camera when it's not.| for sock rom go to rompure.com

My S7 won't let me use flashlight, keeps saying it's being used by camera when it's not.


My S7 won't let me use flashlight, keeps saying it's being used by camera when it's not.

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 03:15 PM PST

Anyway to stop camera from using flashlight? I've forced closed the app and reset phone and it's still there. Galaxy S7 7.0 beta

submitted by /u/kingswaggy
[link] [comments]

New Moto G4 Play (Argos, EU, XT1604) is 16GB but only has 1GB of RAM

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 03:07 PM PST

https://imgur.com/a/K0j3r

Got a new Moto G4 Play which is supposed to have 2GB of RAM with the 16GB model and it doesn't. It's from Argos and I'm in EU and the model is the XT1604. I'm currently writing this without the box near me (round family's house) so I'll check tomorrow, but I heard the 16GB model is supposed to have 2GB of RAM. Intrigues me, but I can live with 1GB. I mean as long as I get 7.1 I'm good lmao

Edit: the Android 7 update was confirmed for the G4 play which is always great

submitted by /u/nevervacandyouknow
[link] [comments]

Samsung S7 storage issues. New to android

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 08:06 AM PST

Brother got an S7for Xmas. Storage saying this right out the box & after a factory reset http://i66.tinypic.com/jadg5g.jpg he tried downloading Spotify & got a storage full notification. Getting super stressed out here. Google only seems to point me to sd cards which I don't need

This is the message we received when trying to download Spotify http://m.imgur.com/LGt3oy0 phone is 64GB don't understand what's going on

submitted by /u/9788cl
[link] [comments]

Gboard's search not working

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 01:47 PM PST

Every time I try to use it it says "You are not connected to the internet." Yes, I am connected to the internet. It doesn't work neither on WIFI nor Data. I'm using S7E and S6.

submitted by /u/totomo26
[link] [comments]

Original image kept after editing an image

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 11:58 AM PST

On a OnePlus 3t. When I edit an image it keeps the original image so I now have two images. I can't find any setting to disable this but I remember a pop up asking if I wanted to enable it when I first got the phone which I said yes to as I wasn't sure what it was exactly. Does anyone know where I can disable this?

submitted by /u/robtyrrell
[link] [comments]

Where is pie control options from Paranoid Android?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 02:33 PM PST

Hi there, forgive me if this is a noob question but does anyone knows where I can find the pie control settings from Paranoid Android 6.0.2?

I'm running PA on a OPO on Android Version 6.0.1.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/CidAndroid
[link] [comments]

Need help with Android update

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 02:28 PM PST

So I got a XPeria Mini Pro (sk17i). Its second hand, but it was in an unopened box (it was free for him as part of contract, guy already had a better phone), The box said its upgradable to 4.0 however it says its software is up to date when I try to search for it. Connecting to my computer and using PC Companion gets me the same result. I was looking into rooting but reading the tutorials that are supposed to be super easy to follow makes me feel retarded (not being a native English speaker and all the technical vocabulary doesn't help either).

Anybody knows what the problem is/can explain me how to root like Im 5?

submitted by /u/Cagalhao69
[link] [comments]

Hassle free backup and restore?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 03:43 PM PST

Hello all,

I am running the latest version of android on my S7 edge, and it has started to run slow, and the battery isn't lasting as long as it used to. I've decided its time for a factory reset, and this is my first android phone since switching from iOS. I was wondering if there was a way to back it up, so after the restore, everything is exactly how I left it, kind of like apple's backup and restore program. I've tried helium, but couldn't get it to work. I'd like to keep my home layout, app data, contacts, messages, etc etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/IchLiebeSpeck
[link] [comments]

Would like to install Nougat on my Moto E LTE (Canada / Telus) but all instructions I can find online are too complex and I can't tell if I'm doing steps right (eg: rooting my phone). Can someone provide / point me to a simple how-to for a smartphone newbie?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 03:37 PM PST

Heads up notifications are transparent, can't read them

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 03:00 PM PST

Stock ZTE ZMAX pro. Heads up notifications are completely transparent which makes it impossible to read. ZMAX pro has UI editor disabled so hopefully there is a way to fix this?

submitted by /u/gottafindoutyo
[link] [comments]

[Help] Motorola G4 apps keep crashing

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 02:55 PM PST

I have a Motorola G4 Android 6.0, and whenever I go to any of my apps, after about 30 seconds, they either crash or they freeze for a millisecond and then go to the home screen of the app. For instance, if I'm scrolling through Instagram, the screen turns freezes for a couple of milliseconds, and then it goes to the top of the page. Also if I'm on YouTube, the screen freezes and then pauses. My phone started doing this about 2 weeks ago. I use Nova launcher so that might be it, my brother experiences the same thing on his phone, too. I've cleared the RAM and deleted apps, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

submitted by /u/AWildComicAppeared
[link] [comments]

How does scheduled boot work?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 11:10 AM PST

Hi,

I recently changed my Android smartphone and saw an option in the parameters which allows me to schedule when I want my device to shutdown and to turn it on again. Thus, I'd be able to schedule an alarm clock, like those "not-smart-phone" did.

Edit : in fact, it is smarter than I thought ! I don't have to schedule a boot because when I set an alarm and turn off my decide, I have a checkbox which allow me to disable the alarm or not. So I think the smartphone will boot by itself, I'll update the post tomorrow morning !

How does it work? Since it is not available on all smartphones, I guess there is something to do with the firmware's modifications? I think I read somewhere it was somehow related to the kernel.

For me, a feature like this indicates the phone is not turned off but somehow in a idle state allowing only the boot process to launch. Is it something like that?

Somebody can explain?

Thanks

(Duplicated in /r/explainlikeimfive but submission deleted..)

Edit : Smartphone is an Huawei honor 8

submitted by /u/Kureb_
[link] [comments]

Any music app suggestions?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 01:14 PM PST

I'm looking to download a new music player app as the current one (the default Galaxy S6 one) is having a few issues recently. Ideally this new app would at least fulfill the following three requirements.

1: Tempo/playback speed adjustment settings. I've gotten used to playing a lot of songs at 1.1x speed, and frankly I prefer them at that tempo. There are some that are fine at normal speed and would be fine to listen to on other apps without speed settings, but the (roughly) 900 songs I have that I do prefer slightly sped up sound laggy without the 1.1x option.

2: Ability to play UHQ files. I recently downloaded a song from a YouTube channel (well, the description pointed me to a mediafire download, it was the Atpunk Game Grumps All These Feelings remix FYI) that was a whopping 74MB. I was a bit dubious of this file size, but assumed it was just very high quality after the Samsung Music player tagged the file thumbnail with "UHQ". Attempting to play it produces an error message for not being able to play the file type. Trying this on VLC (known to play almost anything) causes the app to crash, but it does play the song (until you click OK on the "VLC has crashed" error message, at which point the song stops and VLC restarts). So preferably I'd like to be able to play this song (and any others like it), especially as there isn't really a way to get the regular versions of these songs.

3: Music player widget and or good UI. The default music player is fine, but it looks rather plain and boring. Still, it does look professional and well-made which is why I've rejected some of the music apps I've seen (that look a bit shoddy). Preferably it would have some widget music player options so I can change the song etc without having to open and close the music app all the time.

So are there any apps that have these features? I've tried searching for the first to to no avail, and the third is more of a what do you guys like kind of crowd-sourced brainstorming session.

submitted by /u/lordolxinator
[link] [comments]

Change from Internal to Adopted on SD Card?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 10:55 AM PST

Bought my kid an LG Stylus 2 for Christmas, and added a class 10, 64 GB MicroSD card. Before I knew it, it was set for internal storage.

I would prefer it be used as adopted but can not figure out how to go back. Once set as Internal, it seems that the format as adopted option is no longer available in the Settings.

Any help about getting past and around what I have done - and perfectly willing to reformat the card if that's necessary.

submitted by /u/comish4lif
[link] [comments]

Hiding root on an androidbox

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 04:06 PM PST

I recently purchased an android box with Android 6.0.1 installed on it. https://www.amazon.ca/GooBang-Doo-Android-Amlogic-Playing/dp/B01JOTBTZC/

I want to be able to use the "Global Go" App to play tv shows. However, I get this error code whenever I try to watch a tv show: "The content playback policy requires a hardware capability that the device does not have. We cannot stream video to rooted or unsupported devices. Error 3347".

I ran root checker on the phone and it seems like it is rooted but no Superuser App is installed. I am also not sure if there is a way to put it into recovery mode or if it has one.

Does anyone know what steps I should take to hide my root from this App? I've been reading about Xposed and rootcloak but I'm not sure if I should try that out.

submitted by /u/mapmaps
[link] [comments]

Anyone else had trouble with the Tumblr app recently?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 10:06 AM PST

In the past ~month or so whenever I open the Tumblr app, it just gives me a spinning loading symbol.

The website works fine. I've tried reinstalling the app and even did a factory reset (for other reasons, but still).

P.S. are there any good 3d party tumblr apps on the play store?

submitted by /u/grevenilvec75
[link] [comments]

Change the color of navbar?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 10:00 AM PST

Hi guys, So I have a OPX that seems to have burn in due to on screen nav buttons.

I was wondering if anyone can help me change the color of my navbar to the 'inverted' colors to 'reverse' the wear?

Thanks!

Current : http://imgur.com/6FhNP6l

to

Want something like this at the bottom : https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sinIMsLmW-s/maxresdefault.jpg

submitted by /u/TheBrokenBee
[link] [comments]

I tried transfering some stuff to my SD card and it was successful, however this still hasn't gone away. What can I do?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 03:57 PM PST

Android + Netflix +Wifi = Buffering

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 12:06 PM PST

Problem: I'm not able to stream Netflix on my home Wifi on any Android devices. After playing for a few seconds, videos buffer, and are stuck at 25%. They may or may not continue streaming for a few seconds, before buffering again. All other streaming services (Amazon Prime, HBO Now, Google Play TV, Youtube, etc) work flawlessly.

Network Setup

  1. ISP – Time Warner Oceanic

  2. Plan – 200 Mbps download, 20 Mbps upload

  3. Modems – Both modems exhibit the same behavior with both routers

    a. Arris SBG6400

    b. TP-Link TC-7610

  4. Routers – Both routers exhibit the same behavior with both modems

    a. Netgear R8000

    b. Asus RT-AC66R

  5. Devices working on Wifi

    a. Ipad Mini 2nd Gen

    b. iPhone 6 Plus

    c. Surface Pro 2

  6. Devices not working on Wifi (All below devices run a version of the Android OS)

    a. Oneplus One (Works on LTE)

    b. Oneplus 3 (Works on LTE)

    c. Kindle Fire TV (Works on Ethernet)

    d. NVIDIA Shield TV (Works on Ethernet)

Troubleshooting: I have done factory resets on all devices. I have uninstalled the Netflix app, wiped the cache, wiped the data, and signed out of the application on all devices. I've changed my accounts streaming settings from auto to low. I've signed up for another account to see if the behavior persists. It does. I've disconnected every device from my network except the device I was attempting to stream to, to verify that there were no collisions/conflicts from other devices on the network. I've done test at Fast.com on the devices that work over wifi, and the devices that don't work over wifi, and I get identical speeds. I've used automatic DNS settings and the Google DNS settings (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

Thoughts: The issue resides in the Android Netflix app. My network speeds are more than capable of streaming in any quality from Netflix, and my ISP is able to connect to the Netflix servers, as evidenced by the ability to connect to non-Android devices over wifi, and Android devices through Ethernet. I have made several calls to Netflix to get the issue resolved, and they constantly tell me the fault is with my ISP, even though Fast.com (Netflix's website) shows good speeds, and several devices in my home can connect to Netflix.

As anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/joedinkle
[link] [comments]

Is there something for Android that does the same like the iOS Jailbreak tweak: TinyBar?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 03:14 AM PST

Text Expander Apps work only in Subject Line / Field, not in text body field. Ideas?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 11:32 AM PST

As the title says....I used to use "Textpand Pro", and the above problem surfaced. I've downloaded "Text Aide"...same problem.

Gmail, or generic email, the Apps work ONLY in the Subject Line / Field. Any ideas appreciated, many thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/ryno23usa
[link] [comments]

I am getting a VR headset the kind you put your phone in. whats all the cool stuff I could do in a car? with one? (car trip 16 hours long.)

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 11:25 AM PST

I may consider getting a bluetooth controller. I figured games but what games? I can watch movies and youtube. but what else? and whats the coolest things I can do to entertain me for 16 hours.

submitted by /u/Axeous
[link] [comments]

Wifikill doesn't work on my new phone (rooted)

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 09:12 AM PST

When I had wifikill on my galaxy s5 rooted, it worked without a problem. Now I just rooted my galaxy s7 edge, and downloaded the full and paid for wifikill. After scanning, whenever I attempt to grab a device, this pops up. I have tried searching for solutions online and have been unable to fix this problem.

submitted by /u/smartassguy
[link] [comments]

Best phone for under $200 Canadian?

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 02:12 AM PST

If you only had $200 Canadian to spend, which Android phone would you get?

submitted by /u/Huz647
[link] [comments]

Unfortunately, Personal Data Management has stopped.

Posted: 26 Dec 2016 08:23 AM PST

I'm always getting the message:

Unfortunately, Personal Data Management has stopped.

I can only tap OK to make it go away... until it suddenly comes back again.

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920F)

I've tried everything I know to solve this problem. Any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure but it might be related to Samsung syncing my data.

submitted by /u/themoredeviousduck
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment