Sunday 26 November 2017

Best Method for Creating first-time Setup Sequence for my App| for sock rom go to rompure.com

Best Method for Creating first-time Setup Sequence for my App


Best Method for Creating first-time Setup Sequence for my App

Posted: 25 Dec 2016 06:24 PM PST

I am trying to figure out the best approach for creating this sequence I want my app to prompt the user to follow, as this reference sheet shows. Picture here

The Setup Sequence is what I want to have but I'm not sure what effective (while saving on resources and maintaining a small download size) way on implementing this sequence. I came up with two ways but I'm not sure which is best for this extensive amount of tasks to perform.

  1. Making multiple activities for each and then calling each activity to finish after the user inputs data while storing the data a Singleton/internal database within the app which will then configure the lockscreen to those specified settings
  2. Make one or two 'main' activities and have fragments branching off of them and collect the information the user has inputted; then finally save all of that information and pass it off to a Singleton/internal database within the app which will then configure the lockscreen to those specified settings.

My app's source code is located on Github with the latest commit. I would really appreciate the help and any suggestions that anyone has.

submitted by /u/XNovaViperX
[link] [comments]

Using Analytics in an open source app

Posted: 25 Dec 2016 12:07 PM PST

How do you go about using analytics (Google Analytics, FireBase etc) in an open source app.

Specifically, I have been writing an app for GitHub projects.

Mostly I want to use FireBase for crash reporting, and possibly collect some information on the features that are used most/settings that are picked. Obviously all of this data is anonymous, I have no need to collect peoples GitHub account names or their repositories.

How would you go about implementing logging in the app. Obviously I won't commit any keys to an open project, but it makes the project more messy if someone were to fork it for their own use.

Is there a good way to maintain an analytics enabled version of my code alongside an app-only version?

submitted by /u/tpb1908
[link] [comments]

Would it be possible to embed busybox binary or Termux's apt in a Android app?

Posted: 25 Dec 2016 10:14 PM PST

Termux comes with busybox and apt and is opensource. How could this be accomplished? In Termux you can run: $apt-get install xyz

I would like to embed this functionality in my app. The end goal is being able to install openssh server via apt. With Termux openssh server can be installed and run, as non-root, by the following: $ apt-get update $ apt-get install openssh $ sshd

Termux packages are available via https://github.com/termux/termux-packages My question is how easy would it be to include/embed a subset of these packages in an android app to accomplish the aforementioned task

submitted by /u/kelroy
[link] [comments]

Clean Architecture…Dynamic Parameters in Use Cases - Fernando Cejas

Posted: 25 Dec 2016 03:24 AM PST

Do you recommend learning from developer.android.com?

Posted: 25 Dec 2016 04:28 AM PST

I started learning android development with Deitel & Deitel Android For Programmers 3rd edition. They cover a lot of stuff and I'm creating good looking apps by the help of this book.

However, a lot of the knowledge coming from this book is shallow, and I sometimes feel lost (so much files, so much XML, a cluttered API, a lot of features, a lot of nonsense, etc.....). I felt that no book could deeply explain how things really work.

I realized that developer.android.com is the only way I could gain solid information so I'm planning to to read the "Training" section followed by the "API Guide" section.

Now I don't want to start such a huge goal and then ditch it because after a while I find that the site holds deprecated documentation or doesn't explain things clearly, so I'm here to ask you out there what do you think about this plan?

Is it worth it? Do you recommend it? Thanks for reading such a long question.

submitted by /u/temporaryMan1233
[link] [comments]

How "simple" would it be to develop this app (or just command?)..

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 04:59 PM PST

My brothers and i would like to create an app/command that lets us communicate in a weird way.

We each want to have a conch shell, and then we can blow the conch shell so our phone picks up the sound (maybe after saying "okay google" so the phone is 'listening') and when that sound is heard, the phone will send a text to the other brothers to meet up.

This is obviously not something i want to sell or even care if its public, but im looking on where to start with regards to how much i would have to know to develop it. Or how much it may cost to get someone to develop for me, or if its even possible.

submitted by /u/fish024
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment