Friday 24 November 2017

Saturday APPreciation (Dec 24 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!| for sock rom go to rompure.com

Saturday APPreciation (Dec 24 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!


Saturday APPreciation (Dec 24 2016) - Your weekly app recommendation/request thread!

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 03:07 AM PST

Note 1. Check out our apps wiki for previous threads and apps curated by the reddit Android community!

***NEW: Download the official /r/Android App Store based on our wiki!

Note 2. Join us at /r/MoronicMondayAndroid, a sub serving as a repository for our retired weekly threads. Just pick any thread and Ctrl-F your way to wisdom!

Note 2. Join our Discord, IRC, and Telegram chat-rooms! Please see our wiki for instructions.


This weekly Saturday thread is for:
* App promotion,
* App praise/sharing


Rules:

1) If you are a developer, you may promote your own app ONLY under the bolded, distinguished moderator comment. Users: if you think someone is trying to bypass this rule by promoting their app in the general thread, click the report button so we can take a look!

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Cyanogen Inc shutting down by the end of the year

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 12:11 AM PST

A fork in the road - Cyanogenmod

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 10:27 AM PST

The Death of CyanogenMod and What it Means for Development

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 02:10 PM PST

Finally the dev version of FlashFire hijacked the Pixel's new OTA mechanism and updated the OS while keeping it rooted. But now, xmas.

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 11:26 AM PST

LineageOS: "Yes, this is us."

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 07:54 PM PST

Four months free promotion for Google Play Music

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 04:51 AM PST

GPM are doing an end of year deal where you can get a four month free trial - http://play.google.com/music/listen?signup=1&coupontype=vanity&coupon=YEAREND120.

I've successfully redeemed the code (YEAREND120) on my account, even after signing up to GPM with a three months free promotion. My last free trial was a three month trial in December 2015 and I last paid for a full monthly subscription in April 2016.

To prevent spam, please let me know whether it works under this comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/5k2ww1/four_months_free_promotion_for_google_play_music/dbl63vx

Edit: It looks like it doesn't work if you have an active subscription. You must cancel your subscription, wait until the subscription runs out and hope the coupon is still active then.

submitted by /u/ThePurpleK
[link] [comments]

Parents - Ask Google assistant where Santa Clause is right now!

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 05:18 PM PST

Couldn't find the Santa Tracker on any of the news stations, so I tried asking Google assistant! My 6 year old was even impressed!

submitted by /u/somethingblend
[link] [comments]

DxOMark gives the Sony Xperia XZ a score of 87

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 10:00 AM PST

Little Christmas present for y'all: if your charging cable keeps falling out, clean out the microUSB port with a toothpick.

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 09:01 AM PST

It totally worked for me but I never knew this was the problem until today. I was surprised how much lint was packed in there! You really can't see it from the outside.

submitted by /u/sedermera
[link] [comments]

Archiving CM for every devices (Just in case)

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 02:14 PM PST

So we heard the news and even though CM is going to be back with a new branding, I didn't know if they were gonna keep all the snapshots and nightlies for every devices. So I started archiving them. Because they are changing their brand so they might not keep the CM branded snapshots.

Here's the links that I extracted: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/fc4eb84ec65a1095bec05af0f70ec2f5

I've already downloaded and uploaded the snapshots (every one that I could find) to archive.org.

CM Snapshots: https://archive.org/details/cmarchive_snapshots

Direct directory link: https://archive.org/download/cmarchive_snapshots

I was also going to download the nightlies as well but they are built every night so I'm sure when to download them. Also I'm leaving my apartment right now so I won't be on my computer for a while.

Leave suggestions below! And if you want to contribute that'll be great as well.

Thanks! And happy holidays everyone.

submitted by /u/Sphincone
[link] [comments]

Has anyone noticed SwiftKey gradually getting worse?

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 07:07 PM PST

I used to love SwiftKey. I paid for it back when it was still 3.99. Now, I'd say a third of the time that I type, whatever I put gets replaced to something else. For example, when u (I typed letter "I" right there and it replaced it with "u"). Anyway lost my thought. When I type "i" half the time it gets replaced with 8 or u. Flow doesn't work nearly as well as it did when I first downloaded SwiftKey back on my nexus 4 and seems to get less and less accurate as updates to on. My dad says it's gotten noticeably worse on his phone too so now I'm wondering if it's happening to more people.

submitted by /u/Its_bigC
[link] [comments]

[DEV] Custom Quick Settings 2.0 & 25% off for Christmas

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 11:36 AM PST

Hi, today I'm releasing Custom Quick Settings 2.0. It's a massive update and a total rewrite of the app, with tons of new features and a much better implementation than the old version.

To sum up the new features (this is the changelog basically):

Tile Actions – A tile can now have multiple actions, and switches between them on click. This allows you to create tiles that act as switches, without having to deal with setting them in Tasker. It also means all built in preset tiles (except a couple) react to changes of state.

UI Change – There's now two screens in the customisation view, one is for presets and allows for setting up simple tiles, one is for advanced users and allows customisation – adding actions, setting custom labels, icons and states. I also moved heavy stuff to background tasks so it should be pretty much lag free

Live Tiles – Tiles that show the CPU speed, free RAM, Internal/External Storage space, battery & current weather conditions (BBC & Yahoo – pro only). Clicking the tiles will open a dialog box with more information – unless you're running CyanogenMod or have Xposed, when it will expand into a view in the Quick Settings, like a native tile. There's also a Calculator (pro only) live tile which does the same, but obviously doesn't change label.

Click Widget – Allows you to set up a widget to automatically be clicked (in a pre-defined X,Y position) to toggle apps that don't have shortcuts but have widgets. I've tested this with Twilight, it works just fine

Easier removal – Removal of tiles on all versions of Android is now automatic, no need to drag away tiles No tile spam – On Android 7.x, currently all tiles are always shown as options to add in the edit tiles screen. Now it's only the ones you need.

Much better compatibility checker

There were some things I had to change though, most importantly you're now limited to 20 tiles, whatever the Android version (previously it was only Android 7.x). I don't see this as an issue because:

1.) There's no proper scrolling of tiles on 6.x, so it becomes hard to even add more than ~9

2.) Unless you're using the quick settings as an app drawer, I can't many people using over 20 custom tiles. If you do - email me or drop me a PM and I'll consider raising the limit to 50 or something

Tiles should NOT get broken in the update, but, as ever with app updates (especially when everything is re-made), it may happen

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quinny898.app.customquicksettings

APKMirror: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/mighty-quinn-apps/custom-quick-settings/custom-quick-settings-2-0-release/custom-quick-settings-2-0-android-apk-download/

I've also dropped the price for Pro (shortcuts, click widgets, weather live tiles, icon pack support) down 25% for Christmas (until December 27th), enjoy :)

submitted by /u/Quinny898
[link] [comments]

Can we talk again about Google's "no-modifications" restriction for Android Wear? [x-post from /r/AndroidWear]

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 02:03 AM PST

Galaxy S7 (Exynos) Nougat Beta 4 Battery Life

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 01:55 PM PST

2 cycles of Battery life from the Beta 4 nougat. Any questions will be answered. First Cycle: http://i.imgur.com/bjXVuKD.png http://i.imgur.com/hWYuz9F.png

Second Cycle: http://i.imgur.com/ejL02f9.png http://i.imgur.com/anlzxQd.png

submitted by /u/AndroidGuyMate
[link] [comments]

Moto M vs Moto G4 Plus

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 09:02 AM PST

A beginner'€™s guide to Android customisation

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 04:38 AM PST

[Dev] A fitness app for us who don't go to the gym

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 07:15 AM PST

We at Wired Up Studios have released our first version of our fitness app I Did it: Fitness Center. The purpose of this app is to take everyday tasks like checking Facebook or eating a snack and turning it into an opportunity to do a quick exercise. Do the exercise click the check mark and you are done. Easy as that. You can check your stats for the day and month (more to come) and see how much you are doing certain activities and how much exercise you done. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wiredupstudios.ididitfitnesscenter

submitted by /u/scottierowland
[link] [comments]

What are some of the worst ways a phone has died on you or you killed it?

Posted: 23 Dec 2016 09:41 PM PST

I had my LG G4 for not too long. Only served me about 9 months and then bootlooped its way to death. So I was wondering how have your phones died?

submitted by /u/BHendo
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment