Friday 24 November 2017

App Feedback Thread - December 24, 2016| for sock rom go to rompure.com

App Feedback Thread - December 24, 2016


App Feedback Thread - December 24, 2016

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 04:07 AM PST

This thread is for getting feedback on your own apps. Please adhere to the following rules:

Developers:

  • must make top level comment
  • must include Play Store, GitHub, or BitBucket link
  • must make effort to respond to questions and feedback from commenters
  • may be open or closed source

Commenters:

  • must give constructive feedback in replies to top level comments
  • must not include links to other apps

We encourage all developers who are promoting themselves to provide feedback for other apps posted here. A give and take system benefits us all.

To cut down on spam, accounts who are too young or do not have enough karma to post may be filtered pending manual approval.

As always, the mod team is only a small group of people, and we rely on the readers to help us maintain this subreddit. Please report any rule breakers. Thank you.

- Da Mods

submitted by /u/AutoModerator
[link] [comments]

Abusive Gym Reminder - Calls you a bitch when you skip gym days

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 04:06 PM PST

Using Retrofit and RxJava. What's the best way to send all networking errors to Crashlytics?

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 11:02 PM PST

I'm using Retrofit and RxJava. I have observables where I can put onError and send an informational log to crashlytics, but currently I have a ton of api calls and I was copying and pasting my logging. I'm not familiar with Retrofit and Rx as much as I'd like. Does anyone have a favorite way of reporting theses kinds of things in one place?

I was thinking since Retrofit uses okhttp I could probably hook up an interceptor but at the same time thought that was maybe not the best solution.

submitted by /u/leggo_tech
[link] [comments]

How many of you are using Java 8 in your projects?

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 05:33 AM PST

I have been trying out JACK on a small (5k LOC) project of mine.

The lambda features are nice, but there is a definite increase in built time, from 2 to 8 seconds.

Those who have tried JACK, what have your experiences been?

submitted by /u/tpb1908
[link] [comments]

Scytale - one tool to manage key generation, key storing and encryption on different APIs of Android.

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 02:33 AM PST

Is connecting to the internet and parsing an API always so complex in android development or does it get easier?

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 11:12 AM PST

I'm a learner taking a course on android dev from udacity and getting data from the internet seems like a really complex process.

Do you memorize these steps or what? I feel like if I stopped android dev for a while, I will forget all these things.

submitted by /u/jasserhere
[link] [comments]

New post about analyzing similar apps to an app I want to develop

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 10:35 AM PST

From the title you already know what this post is about. By analyzing apps that are similar to your future apps you can see what features people want, what mistakes you don't need to repeat and many useful information before you start doing your app. Google play reviews of apps is also a good source of information I told about. I want to make a note taking app so the post is about note taking apps. http://slaverygames.somee.com/Post/Show/5

submitted by /u/SlaveryGames
[link] [comments]

[Design] How do you deal with low brightness settings?

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 07:17 AM PST

Hey everyone!

So this month I've been working on a new app, it's close to being ready for launch, but I'm running into a small issue. One of my beta-tester told me there wasn't enough contrast in the design. After asking him a couple of questions, I realized he was setting his brightness at around 10% all the time.

My app has a pretty minimalist design, only variations of one color. But I've been careful to have enough contrast. If you look at hsl values of my colors, the background has a luminance of around 10%, while all the other elements are at the minimum 60%. But it's still hard to read with a brightness at 10%.

So how do you deal with that use case? Do you ignore it completely? Do you make sure to have the maximum contrast you can in your design? Do you change the brightness programmatically (and ruin their battery life? :D)?

I'm a bit of a loss there, because personally I'm always close to max brightness, and I can't do anything with such a low brightness. But for whatever reason he keeps it at below 15% all the time.

And as a bonus: is there any statistic somewhere on how people set their brightness on their phone?

submitted by /u/ZeAthenA714
[link] [comments]

Getting Ready for MVP on Android

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 07:27 AM PST

Need design advice

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 12:31 AM PST

So I am developing an app where users can create "cards". Each card has a specified start date-time and end date-time. I want the cards to be displayed in a list, separated by cards that will occur in the future, cards currently occurring, and cards that have occurred in the past. And this is a social app, so others must also interact with your cards based on its temporal state. My question is, what is the best way to keep track of the temporal state of the cards?

I was thinking of using Firebase and perhaps having a "state" field on each card to represent past, present, or future to try and accomplish a State design pattern. But then I fail to see how would the state of a card be properly updated with time.

Another option I thought was to just do all the processing on the front-end such that whenever a user fetches cards, the Android app will divide and sort them by the time ranges of each card. Does this sound appropriate?

One last requirement is that a user can interact with another user's card only when that card is in "present".

I really appreciate any advice, thanks!

submitted by /u/tzj1
[link] [comments]

Here is how I coded a complete Christmas facts android app

Posted: 24 Dec 2016 08:22 AM PST

No comments:

Post a Comment